Beauty queen who shaved head wins Miss Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Alaska woman who shaved her head for charity three months ago will represent the state in the Miss America Pageant next year.
Debbe Ebben was named Miss Alaska on Saturday night.
Ebben shaved off her brown hair in March to raise more than $4,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which gives grants for children's cancer research. She did so as part of a public service project during her reign as Miss Chugiak-Eagle River.
Her hair has grown back and she now sports a pixie cut.
She says the underlying message to children who had lost their hair because of cancer treatments was that it was OK to be bald.
alaska, miss america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 18 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 40 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 10 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 37 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
18 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
10 min ago