Beauty queen who shaved head wins Miss Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Alaska woman who shaved her head for charity three months ago will represent the state in the Miss America Pageant next year.
Debbe Ebben was named Miss Alaska on Saturday night.
Ebben shaved off her brown hair in March to raise more than $4,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which gives grants for children's cancer research. She did so as part of a public service project during her reign as Miss Chugiak-Eagle River.
Her hair has grown back and she now sports a pixie cut.
She says the underlying message to children who had lost their hair because of cancer treatments was that it was OK to be bald.
alaska, miss america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 25 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos