Beauty queen who shaved head wins Miss Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Alaska woman who shaved her head for charity three months ago will represent the state in the Miss America Pageant next year.
Debbe Ebben was named Miss Alaska on Saturday night.
Ebben shaved off her brown hair in March to raise more than $4,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which gives grants for children's cancer research. She did so as part of a public service project during her reign as Miss Chugiak-Eagle River.
Her hair has grown back and she now sports a pixie cut.
She says the underlying message to children who had lost their hair because of cancer treatments was that it was OK to be bald.
alaska, miss america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 14 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 13 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos