Beauty queen who shaved head wins Miss Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Alaska woman who shaved her head for charity three months ago will represent the state in the Miss America Pageant next year.
Debbe Ebben was named Miss Alaska on Saturday night.
Ebben shaved off her brown hair in March to raise more than $4,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which gives grants for children's cancer research. She did so as part of a public service project during her reign as Miss Chugiak-Eagle River.
Her hair has grown back and she now sports a pixie cut.
She says the underlying message to children who had lost their hair because of cancer treatments was that it was OK to be bald.
alaska, miss america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 59 min ago