Phila. man sentenced for stalking 'Law & Order' star
NEW YORK (AP) - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man convicted of stalking "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" actress Kathryn Erbe has been sentenced in New York to five years' probation and ordered to pay $42,000 in restitution.
Charles Nagel was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Brooklyn. Prosecutors say the 36-year-old began stalking Erbe in 2008 by trying to hug her while she was filming in Manhattan. Authorities say once he was rebuffed, he began composing creepy missives about her on a social networking site.
The 44-year-old Erbe testified that she was scared and thought Nagel was obsessed with her. Nagel said it was a misunderstanding. He described himself as an avid but mild-mannered autograph seeker and "star-struck" fan.
The USA network series featured Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames for nine seasons.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 10 min ago
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ