Phila. man sentenced for stalking 'Law & Order' star
NEW YORK (AP) - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man convicted of stalking "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" actress Kathryn Erbe has been sentenced in New York to five years' probation and ordered to pay $42,000 in restitution.
Charles Nagel was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Brooklyn. Prosecutors say the 36-year-old began stalking Erbe in 2008 by trying to hug her while she was filming in Manhattan. Authorities say once he was rebuffed, he began composing creepy missives about her on a social networking site.
The 44-year-old Erbe testified that she was scared and thought Nagel was obsessed with her. Nagel said it was a misunderstanding. He described himself as an avid but mild-mannered autograph seeker and "star-struck" fan.
The USA network series featured Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames for nine seasons.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ