Phila. man sentenced for stalking 'Law & Order' star
NEW YORK (AP) - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man convicted of stalking "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" actress Kathryn Erbe has been sentenced in New York to five years' probation and ordered to pay $42,000 in restitution.
Charles Nagel was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Brooklyn. Prosecutors say the 36-year-old began stalking Erbe in 2008 by trying to hug her while she was filming in Manhattan. Authorities say once he was rebuffed, he began composing creepy missives about her on a social networking site.
The 44-year-old Erbe testified that she was scared and thought Nagel was obsessed with her. Nagel said it was a misunderstanding. He described himself as an avid but mild-mannered autograph seeker and "star-struck" fan.
The USA network series featured Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames for nine seasons.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?