Patti LaBelle performing at 9/11 anniversary event
WASHINGTON (AP) - September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Patti LaBelle will be among those taking part in an event in Washington this weekend to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
Sunday's "Concert for Hope" will be held at the Kennedy Center - a chance in venue.
It was supposed to be held at the Washington National Cathedral - but it was damaged by last month's earthquake and a crane being used to repair damage collapsed into the building the other day.
The event will still feature remarks by President Barack Obama - as originally scheduled.
Other performers will include opera star Denyce Graves and country star Alan Jackson.
9/11 attacks, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 58 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 4 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 5 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
4 min ago