Broadway to mark 9/11 anniversary with iconic song
NEW YORK (AP) -September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Broadway plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks with a reprise of the song that performers sang in Times Square in the days after 9/11.
Matthew Broderick, Harvey Fierstein, Joel Grey, Bebe Neuwirth and Brooke Shields will gather with cast members from several musicals to sing John Kander and Fred Ebb's "New York, New York" - as they did 10 years ago.
The Friday afternoon event at Duffy Square will include a 29-piece live orchestra. NYPD Officer Daniel Rodriguez is expected to sing an operatic "God Bless America."
The event is being put on to support the 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance's I Will Campaign.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Brush fire destroys 25 acres in Burlington Co.
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Easter Sunshine
40 min ago