Broadway to mark 9/11 anniversary with iconic song
NEW YORK (AP) -September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Broadway plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks with a reprise of the song that performers sang in Times Square in the days after 9/11.
Matthew Broderick, Harvey Fierstein, Joel Grey, Bebe Neuwirth and Brooke Shields will gather with cast members from several musicals to sing John Kander and Fred Ebb's "New York, New York" - as they did 10 years ago.
The Friday afternoon event at Duffy Square will include a 29-piece live orchestra. NYPD Officer Daniel Rodriguez is expected to sing an operatic "God Bless America."
The event is being put on to support the 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance's I Will Campaign.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids