Broadway to mark 9/11 anniversary with iconic song
NEW YORK (AP) -September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Broadway plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks with a reprise of the song that performers sang in Times Square in the days after 9/11.
Matthew Broderick, Harvey Fierstein, Joel Grey, Bebe Neuwirth and Brooke Shields will gather with cast members from several musicals to sing John Kander and Fred Ebb's "New York, New York" - as they did 10 years ago.
The Friday afternoon event at Duffy Square will include a 29-piece live orchestra. NYPD Officer Daniel Rodriguez is expected to sing an operatic "God Bless America."
The event is being put on to support the 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance's I Will Campaign.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish