Winehouse's dad says he thinks seizure killed her
NEW YORK (AP) - September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's father says he thinks she died after suffering a seizure related to alcohol detoxification and "there was nobody there to rescue her."
The soul diva was found dead in her London home July 23. She had fought drug and alcohol problems for years.
Toxicology reports say there was alcohol in her bloodstream but it was unclear whether this contributed to her death.
The "Tears Dry on Their Own" singer was 27 years old.
Mitch Winehouse said Friday in a taping of Anderson Cooper's new syndicated talk show his daughter had been off drugs for two and a half years and was fighting alcohol problems, with occasional seizures.
He says her blood also contained traces of the prescription drug Librium, used to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police search for missing Delco mother 51 min ago
- Record Warmth! 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
48 min ago