Winehouse's dad says he thinks seizure killed her
NEW YORK (AP) - September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's father says he thinks she died after suffering a seizure related to alcohol detoxification and "there was nobody there to rescue her."
The soul diva was found dead in her London home July 23. She had fought drug and alcohol problems for years.
Toxicology reports say there was alcohol in her bloodstream but it was unclear whether this contributed to her death.
The "Tears Dry on Their Own" singer was 27 years old.
Mitch Winehouse said Friday in a taping of Anderson Cooper's new syndicated talk show his daughter had been off drugs for two and a half years and was fighting alcohol problems, with occasional seizures.
He says her blood also contained traces of the prescription drug Librium, used to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 8 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos