Winehouse's dad says he thinks seizure killed her
NEW YORK (AP) - September 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's father says he thinks she died after suffering a seizure related to alcohol detoxification and "there was nobody there to rescue her."
The soul diva was found dead in her London home July 23. She had fought drug and alcohol problems for years.
Toxicology reports say there was alcohol in her bloodstream but it was unclear whether this contributed to her death.
The "Tears Dry on Their Own" singer was 27 years old.
Mitch Winehouse said Friday in a taping of Anderson Cooper's new syndicated talk show his daughter had been off drugs for two and a half years and was fighting alcohol problems, with occasional seizures.
He says her blood also contained traces of the prescription drug Librium, used to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 46 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 19 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 44 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 49 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 17 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more