Jermaine Jackson reveals escape plan for Michael
LONDON (AP) -September 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jermaine Jackson says his family had secretly arranged to fly Michael to Bahrain if the pop icon was found guilty of child molestation.
Jermaine was quoted as telling The Times magazine out Saturday that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to whisk his late brother to the Gulf emirate if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Bahrain does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Jermaine says his brother did not know about the escape plan but Michael would have "done it in a heartbeat" because "why should he go to jail for something he didn't do?"
The singer was found not guilty on all charges.
He later spent a year in the emirate as a guest of a son of Bahrain's king.
michael jackson, bahrain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 20 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
30 min ago