Jermaine Jackson reveals escape plan for Michael
LONDON (AP) -September 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jermaine Jackson says his family had secretly arranged to fly Michael to Bahrain if the pop icon was found guilty of child molestation.
Jermaine was quoted as telling The Times magazine out Saturday that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to whisk his late brother to the Gulf emirate if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Bahrain does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Jermaine says his brother did not know about the escape plan but Michael would have "done it in a heartbeat" because "why should he go to jail for something he didn't do?"
The singer was found not guilty on all charges.
He later spent a year in the emirate as a guest of a son of Bahrain's king.
michael jackson, bahrain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 42 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 10 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 2 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 33 min ago