Jermaine Jackson reveals escape plan for Michael
LONDON (AP) -September 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jermaine Jackson says his family had secretly arranged to fly Michael to Bahrain if the pop icon was found guilty of child molestation.
Jermaine was quoted as telling The Times magazine out Saturday that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to whisk his late brother to the Gulf emirate if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Bahrain does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Jermaine says his brother did not know about the escape plan but Michael would have "done it in a heartbeat" because "why should he go to jail for something he didn't do?"
The singer was found not guilty on all charges.
He later spent a year in the emirate as a guest of a son of Bahrain's king.
michael jackson, bahrain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 22 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 29 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 13 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 9 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
13 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos