No political dustups for Cheney on 'The View'
NEW YORK (AP) -September 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- The rough, tough ladies of "The View"? No problem for former Vice President Dick Cheney.
Cheney was on the daytime show Tuesday promoting his new memoir, "In My Time," and there were no fireworks. "The View" hosts, particularly Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar, are often combative with guests they disagree with politically.
All Goldberg wondered was where Cheney had been during the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Behar asked if the Iraq and Afghanistan wars would have gone differently if it wasn't an all-volunteer army, and Cheney said that "you have to deal with the world the way you find it."
Behar was buffered; Cheney's wife, Lynne, sat on "The View" couch between him and Behar.
"Are you scared to be alone with us?" Behar said. "You brought your wife."
Cheney didn't reply.
The toughest question came from veteran newswoman Barbara Walters, who asked Cheney if the Iraq war was worth it given the human and financial costs. Cheney said it was, then stopped Walters cold when she tried to interrupt to introduce a commercial.
"I listened to the question," he said. "I get to give the answer, Barbara."
Cheney opened his suit jacket to show the battery and control panel to his heart pump, both of which were stored in his vest pockets. He said he hadn't decided whether he wants a heart transplant.
dick cheney, the view, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 37 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 49 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
59 min ago