'Big Brother' jury selects 13th season champion
LOS ANGELES (AP) -September 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The "Big Brother" results aren't giving Rachel Reilly reason to pout.
After being locked away from the outside world for 75 days, the weepy "Big Brother" veteran emerged Wednesday as the winner of CBS' voyeuristic reality TV competition. The show's seven-person jury selected the 26-year-old cocktail waitress from Los Angeles to win the $500,000 grand prize over 23-year-old newbie contestant Porsche Briggs from Miami.
"I was a target since I walked into this house," argued Reilly.
At the beginning of the 13th season, the flame-haired Reilly entered the "Big Brother" abode with fiance Brendon Villegas, a 31-year-old graduate student. The pair met last summer as competitors on the show's 12th edition. The ups and downs of their relationship - and the game - resulted in frequent emotional outbursts from Reilly throughout the summer.
"Oh, it's going to be a very hard decision," Villegas joked as he cast his vote for his fiance.
Reilly, who secured four of the seven-person jury's votes, dominated the 13th season by winning several competitions with her veteran alliance and openly targeting the batch of newbie players. She was never able to keep Villegas safe though. He was voted off the show twice after a game-changing twist allowed him to return during the fifth week of competition.
"Rachel, you're lucky this is not a personality contest," said 25-year-old fellow veteran Daniele Donato, the only returning player to go against the vets, as she cast her vote for Briggs.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 34 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 52 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ