Oprah, Rosie unveil sign outside Chicago studio
CHICAGO (AP) - September 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Oprah has made way for Rosie.
Oprah Winfrey and Rosie O'Donnell unveiled a sign Thursday in front of Chicago's Harpo Studios. It reads: "Harpo Studios. The Rosie Show. Former Home of The Oprah Winfrey Show." O'Donnell has started work in the same studio where Winfrey taped her talk show until it ended in May after 25 years.
"Top billing for you girl," Winfrey told O'Donnell.
O'Donnell's one-hour talk show debuts next month on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
"Not a lot of people get a second shot and this is a second shot that is even bigger than the first shot," said O'Donnell, who won Emmy awards for her talk show of six years that ended in May 2002.
Winfrey said there was much discussion about the future of Harpo Studios, on Chicago's west side, when her talk show ended.
"It's wondering that it gets to rise up and be passed up in the name of entertainment," Winfrey said.
O'Donnell says she's bought a Chicago home, and Winfrey says she still keeps an office at Harpo Studios. Winfrey said the pair "collaborate on everything."
Does that mean Winfrey be the first guest when O'Donnell's show debuts?
"I mean really, please," Winfrey said. "We're more creative than that."
oprah winfrey, chicago, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 55 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
19 min ago