Oprah, Rosie unveil sign outside Chicago studio
CHICAGO (AP) - September 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Oprah has made way for Rosie.
Oprah Winfrey and Rosie O'Donnell unveiled a sign Thursday in front of Chicago's Harpo Studios. It reads: "Harpo Studios. The Rosie Show. Former Home of The Oprah Winfrey Show." O'Donnell has started work in the same studio where Winfrey taped her talk show until it ended in May after 25 years.
"Top billing for you girl," Winfrey told O'Donnell.
O'Donnell's one-hour talk show debuts next month on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
"Not a lot of people get a second shot and this is a second shot that is even bigger than the first shot," said O'Donnell, who won Emmy awards for her talk show of six years that ended in May 2002.
Winfrey said there was much discussion about the future of Harpo Studios, on Chicago's west side, when her talk show ended.
"It's wondering that it gets to rise up and be passed up in the name of entertainment," Winfrey said.
O'Donnell says she's bought a Chicago home, and Winfrey says she still keeps an office at Harpo Studios. Winfrey said the pair "collaborate on everything."
Does that mean Winfrey be the first guest when O'Donnell's show debuts?
"I mean really, please," Winfrey said. "We're more creative than that."
oprah winfrey, chicago, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police