Kate Drives 88: Reality TV mom pays speeding fine
EAST EARL, Pa. (AP) - September 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reality TV mom Kate Gosselin says she was hurrying home to her children when she was stopped for speeding last month in central Pennsylvania.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the star of TLC's Kate Plus 8 pleaded guilty by mail to a speeding ticket for going 88 mph in a 65 mph zone.
State police say Gosselin was speeding in Brecknock Township around 1:30 a.m. on August 9. Court documents say she pleaded guilty on August 17 and paid $174 in fines and court costs.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era report says Gosselin told officers she was speeding to get home to her kids.
Gosselin's reality show about her life as the mother of twins and sextuplets was canceled this year. The last episode aired September 12.
kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run