50 Cent signs on to Alaska serial murderer film
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rap star 50 Cent has signed on to play a pimp in a movie detailing Alaska's infamous serial killer, Robert Hansen.
The Anchorage Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/pLfb7T) Curtis Jackson, the performer's real name, has been cast for "Frozen Ground."
Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage will star in the movie detailing the police investigation of Hansen, who preyed on prostitutes and strippers in the 1970s and early `80s in Anchorage. Hansen confessed to killing 17 women; some he let loose in the Alaska wilderness and hunted.
Cage will play an Alaska State Trooper who investigated the murders. John Cusack will play Hansen, and Vanessa Hudgens, of "High School Musical" fame, will play a victim who escaped.
Filming is scheduled to start in Anchorage in October.
50 cent, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 8 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 15 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 48 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 22 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos