50 Cent signs on to Alaska serial murderer film
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rap star 50 Cent has signed on to play a pimp in a movie detailing Alaska's infamous serial killer, Robert Hansen.
The Anchorage Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/pLfb7T) Curtis Jackson, the performer's real name, has been cast for "Frozen Ground."
Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage will star in the movie detailing the police investigation of Hansen, who preyed on prostitutes and strippers in the 1970s and early `80s in Anchorage. Hansen confessed to killing 17 women; some he let loose in the Alaska wilderness and hunted.
Cage will play an Alaska State Trooper who investigated the murders. John Cusack will play Hansen, and Vanessa Hudgens, of "High School Musical" fame, will play a victim who escaped.
Filming is scheduled to start in Anchorage in October.
50 cent, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 24 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show