Paris Hilton finishes probation in Vegas drug case
LAS VEGAS (AP) - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton is wrapping up a year of probation stemming from a 2010 drug arrest on the Las Vegas Strip.
Officials say Hilton's attorneys appeared in court Tuesday on the 30-year-old celebrity socialite's behalf to show Hilton had completed her obligations to the court. She had to pay a $2,000 fine and serve 200 hours of community service in addition to probation.
Hilton pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of drug possession and obstructing an officer after police pulled over her and her then-boyfriend on Aug. 26, 2010.
Police say they detected a "vapor trail" of marijuana smoke wafting from the couple's vehicle.
Hilton was arrested when a bag containing 0.8 of a gram of cocaine fell from her purse as she reached for lip balm in front of an officer.
paris hilton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 1 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 44 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 47 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
1 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
44 min ago