First celeb bounced from 'Dancing with the Stars'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- "Dancing with the Stars" viewers didn't give Metta World Peace a chance.
The basketball star formerly known as Ron Artest was the first celebrity ejected Tuesday from the 13th edition of "Dancing with the Stars." The show's judges gave World Peace the lowest score on Monday's premiere: 14 out of a possible 30.
World Peace was sent packing after viewer votes were combined with the judges' scores.
Head judge Len Goodman said the outgoing Los Angeles Lakers forward's footwork was "atrocious" and his routine was "all sizzle and no sausage."
Among the 11 stars remaining in the competition are World Cup soccer player Hope Solo; reality stars Rob Kardashian and Kristin Cavallari; TV personalities Nancy Grace, Carson Kressley and Ricki Lake; actor David Arquette; and author and activist Chaz Bono.
rob kardashian, dancing with the stars, ricki lake, ron artest, kristin cavallari, carson kressley, chaz bono, chynna phillips, nancy grace, j.r. martinez, hope solo, elisabetta canalis, david arquette, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 1 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC 16 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
28 min ago