LeBron James honored by Boys & Girls Clubs
WASHINGTON (AP) -September 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- LeBron James of the Miami Heat has received the "Champion of Youth" award from the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
The award was presented to James by actor Denzel Washington, the club's national spokesman. The award recognizes the relationship that the two-time NBA MVP has had with clubs across the country for the past several years.
James formally received the award Tuesday night. Wednesday, he remained in Washington for more ceremonies and the launch of a new public service advertisement for the clubs called "Great Futures Start Here."
The spot is directed by Ron Howard and includes about 20 BGCA alumni like James, Shaun White, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson and Sugar Ray Leonard.
lebron james, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police