Black Eyed Peas to play at Michael Jackson tribute
LONDON (AP) - September 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Black Eyed Peas will perform at next month's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.
They'll join Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson and Cee Lo Green at the "Michael Forever" show.
Frontman Will.i.am - who worked with Jackson before the pop star's death in 2009 - said Friday "we all owe Michael such a lot."
He said Jackson's songs "have been an inspiration to my whole life and certainly formed the soundtrack to my childhood."
The Oct. 8 concert at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium will be hosted by actor Jamie Foxx.
The show is not affiliated with Jackson's estate, but his mother Katherine and other relatives are scheduled to attend.
Organizers rescinded an offer to the band Kiss over singer Gene Simmons' past criticism of Jackson.
black eyed peas, michael jackson, london, england, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load