Facebook fans drag Taylor Lautner to London
LONDON (AP) - September 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Taylor Lautner can expect a noisy welcome at the European premiere of his latest film "Abduction."
He'll be meeting fans at the British Film Institute's IMAX screen in London on Monday night.
A Facebook campaign ensured he'd promote the movie in the U.K., with more than 79,000 supporters "liking" the page on the social-networking site.
Lautner says he's always surprised by the fan support he's had since he broke into the big time as werewolf Jacob Black in the "Twilight" film series. And he's got used to the sound of screaming wherever he goes.
Directed by John Singleton, "Abduction" sees Lautner takes on the lead role of a teenager who discovers his parents aren't really who he thought they were.
"Abduction" is being released Wednesday in the U.K.
taylor lautner, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 41 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 58 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash