Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm fine' after chest pain scare
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ellen DeGeneres says she's fine after feeling chest pains that prompted paramedics to respond to the Burbank studio where her daytime talk show is taped.
The comedian says in a statement issued Monday that she doesn't know what caused the chest pain "but it's fine."
DeGeneres says she started having chest pains Sunday night and woke up feeling tightness and heaviness in her chest. She compared the feeling to having two cats on her chest.
She said the pains lingered when she came to work, so she called 911 "to be safe." She joked the paramedics may have overreacted, saying multiple trucks and ambulances showed up on the Warner Brothers lot and appeared "like one marching band short of a parade."
She thanked the medical responders "for caring so much."
ellen degeneres, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases