Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm fine' after chest pain scare
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ellen DeGeneres says she's fine after feeling chest pains that prompted paramedics to respond to the Burbank studio where her daytime talk show is taped.
The comedian says in a statement issued Monday that she doesn't know what caused the chest pain "but it's fine."
DeGeneres says she started having chest pains Sunday night and woke up feeling tightness and heaviness in her chest. She compared the feeling to having two cats on her chest.
She said the pains lingered when she came to work, so she called 911 "to be safe." She joked the paramedics may have overreacted, saying multiple trucks and ambulances showed up on the Warner Brothers lot and appeared "like one marching band short of a parade."
She thanked the medical responders "for caring so much."
ellen degeneres, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks 52 min ago
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized 44 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim...
52 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos