Sarah Palin's attorney threatens lawsuit over book
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for Sarah Palin is threatening to sue over a new book that he says defamed the Palins and contains "a series of lies and rumors."
John Tiemessen, in a letter to the publisher of Crown Publishing Group Monday, cites an email that author Joe McGinniss allegedly sent a blogger in January seeking substantiation for several rumors that have surrounded Palin's family. That email was posted online last week by Andrew Breitbart.
Tiemessen says McGinniss' book, "The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin," contains "most of" the stories that merely "amounted to the wishful fantasies of disturbed individuals."
Emails to Crown Publishing and McGinniss, sent after hours, weren't immediately returned.
McGinniss lived next door to the Palins last year while researching the book. It was released last week.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 27 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 43 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 10 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands