Sarah Palin's attorney threatens lawsuit over book
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for Sarah Palin is threatening to sue over a new book that he says defamed the Palins and contains "a series of lies and rumors."
John Tiemessen, in a letter to the publisher of Crown Publishing Group Monday, cites an email that author Joe McGinniss allegedly sent a blogger in January seeking substantiation for several rumors that have surrounded Palin's family. That email was posted online last week by Andrew Breitbart.
Tiemessen says McGinniss' book, "The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin," contains "most of" the stories that merely "amounted to the wishful fantasies of disturbed individuals."
Emails to Crown Publishing and McGinniss, sent after hours, weren't immediately returned.
McGinniss lived next door to the Palins last year while researching the book. It was released last week.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 5 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 1 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 42 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
3 min ago