Whoopi Goldberg says potato chips are her weakness
NEW YORK (AP) - October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Culinary confession time for Whoopi Goldberg: Potato chips are her undoing.
At the New York City Wine and Food Festival on Friday, Goldberg said she "can't resist them. It's terrible. And fried chicken, but that's so ethnic I'm afraid to say it out loud." And, she added, she won't "eat watermelon in public, just on principle."
Goldberg is hosting the festival's annual Burger Bash competition but admits that it's an odd job for a woman who doesn't cook. That is, with one exception: Every year she tries to recreate her late mother's Thanksgiving turkey.
Goldberg says her mom "made a great holiday turkey. And every year I try it."
She says it's how they reconnect. And, Goldberg adds, it's the only thing she knows how to make.
whoopi goldberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in West Oak Lane 17 min ago
- Bar fight leads to double shooting in Southwest Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Gunman sought in Camden for shooting man in head 3 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in...
17 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
39 min ago