Whoopi Goldberg says potato chips are her weakness
NEW YORK (AP) - October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Culinary confession time for Whoopi Goldberg: Potato chips are her undoing.
At the New York City Wine and Food Festival on Friday, Goldberg said she "can't resist them. It's terrible. And fried chicken, but that's so ethnic I'm afraid to say it out loud." And, she added, she won't "eat watermelon in public, just on principle."
Goldberg is hosting the festival's annual Burger Bash competition but admits that it's an odd job for a woman who doesn't cook. That is, with one exception: Every year she tries to recreate her late mother's Thanksgiving turkey.
Goldberg says her mom "made a great holiday turkey. And every year I try it."
She says it's how they reconnect. And, Goldberg adds, it's the only thing she knows how to make.
whoopi goldberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 21 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 44 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 32 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 11 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 45 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
50 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
59 min ago