Whoopi Goldberg says potato chips are her weakness
NEW YORK (AP) - October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Culinary confession time for Whoopi Goldberg: Potato chips are her undoing.
At the New York City Wine and Food Festival on Friday, Goldberg said she "can't resist them. It's terrible. And fried chicken, but that's so ethnic I'm afraid to say it out loud." And, she added, she won't "eat watermelon in public, just on principle."
Goldberg is hosting the festival's annual Burger Bash competition but admits that it's an odd job for a woman who doesn't cook. That is, with one exception: Every year she tries to recreate her late mother's Thanksgiving turkey.
Goldberg says her mom "made a great holiday turkey. And every year I try it."
She says it's how they reconnect. And, Goldberg adds, it's the only thing she knows how to make.
whoopi goldberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 56 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 29 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos