Actor-activist Sean Penn visits post-Gadhafi Libya
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) -October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actor-activist Sean Penn says he admires Libyans for their courage in overthrowing Moammar Gadhafi.
Penn spoke during a visit to Tripoli on Wednesday.
He declined to comment on details about what he plans to do in the Libyan capital. But he told Associated Press Television News that he admires "the courage to say we want freedom. It's an extraordinary thing."
Standing outside a hotel, Penn also expressed confidence in Libya's efforts to make a transition to democracy.
He says that "an enormous price has been paid but I think that there is no question that they can follow it through."
The 51-year-old actor also has visited Egypt. He toured Cairo's Tahrir Square on Friday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 22 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 9 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
15 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
22 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
9 min ago