Actor-activist Sean Penn visits post-Gadhafi Libya
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) -October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actor-activist Sean Penn says he admires Libyans for their courage in overthrowing Moammar Gadhafi.
Penn spoke during a visit to Tripoli on Wednesday.
He declined to comment on details about what he plans to do in the Libyan capital. But he told Associated Press Television News that he admires "the courage to say we want freedom. It's an extraordinary thing."
Standing outside a hotel, Penn also expressed confidence in Libya's efforts to make a transition to democracy.
He says that "an enormous price has been paid but I think that there is no question that they can follow it through."
The 51-year-old actor also has visited Egypt. He toured Cairo's Tahrir Square on Friday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 46 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 4 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 46 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos