MTV to livestream 55 hourlong dance party
NEW YORK (AP) - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- MTV is hoping to set a world record with a marathon dance party.
The network will livestream a dance party aiming to surpass the 55-hour record set in Ireland in 2006. The dance party will be a featured part of MTV's second O Music Awards, a newfangled award show that celebrates digital music.
The party will begin Oct. 29 and run into the Oct. 31 OMAs. The first OMAs in April featured rapper Chiddy of Chiddy Bang breaking the Guinness World record for longest freestyle rap.
The second OMAs will take place in Los Angeles, with the dance party being held in a separate L.A. location.
The livestream will also promote awareness for LGBT youth issues, and urge viewers to donate to several organizations.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 55 min ago
- Record Warmth! 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Record Warmth!
50 min ago