Black Eyed Peas out of Michael Jackson concert
LONDON (AP) - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Black Eyed Peas have pulled out of this week's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.
Organizers say the band, whose hits include "I Gotta Feeling," has withdrawn due to "unavoidable circumstances."
Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis and Cee Lo Green are on the bill for Saturday's "Michael Forever" show at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
Chris Hunt, chief executive of event organizer Global Live Events, said Wednesday that the concert would be a "fantastic evening," despite the absence.
The show is not affiliated with Jackson's estate, but his mother Katherine and other relatives are scheduled to attend.
Organizers have rescinded an offer to the band Kiss over singer Gene Simmons' past criticism of Jackson.
michael jackson, black eyed peas, fergie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 13 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 26 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 29 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 17 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 19 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
3 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
43 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
19 min ago