Black Eyed Peas out of Michael Jackson concert
LONDON (AP) - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Black Eyed Peas have pulled out of this week's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.
Organizers say the band, whose hits include "I Gotta Feeling," has withdrawn due to "unavoidable circumstances."
Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis and Cee Lo Green are on the bill for Saturday's "Michael Forever" show at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
Chris Hunt, chief executive of event organizer Global Live Events, said Wednesday that the concert would be a "fantastic evening," despite the absence.
The show is not affiliated with Jackson's estate, but his mother Katherine and other relatives are scheduled to attend.
Organizers have rescinded an offer to the band Kiss over singer Gene Simmons' past criticism of Jackson.
michael jackson, black eyed peas, fergie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 28 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 57 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
29 min ago