Black Eyed Peas out of Michael Jackson concert
LONDON (AP) - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Black Eyed Peas have pulled out of this week's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.
Organizers say the band, whose hits include "I Gotta Feeling," has withdrawn due to "unavoidable circumstances."
Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis and Cee Lo Green are on the bill for Saturday's "Michael Forever" show at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
Chris Hunt, chief executive of event organizer Global Live Events, said Wednesday that the concert would be a "fantastic evening," despite the absence.
The show is not affiliated with Jackson's estate, but his mother Katherine and other relatives are scheduled to attend.
Organizers have rescinded an offer to the band Kiss over singer Gene Simmons' past criticism of Jackson.
michael jackson, black eyed peas, fergie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Damp and cooler. 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Damp and cooler.
18 min ago