Schwarzenegger to dedicate museum to himself
GRAZ, Austria (AP) -October 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- "The Terminator" is back in his native Austria to inaugurate a museum devoted to him.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's private jet landed at Graz airport Thursday.
The museum is located in the renovated house of his birth in the village of Thal. It chronicles his rise from humble beginnings as a muscular young immigrant to the U.S. to Hollywood action hero to, most recently, California's governor.
The museum has been open since July, but Friday's ceremonies will mark the formal inauguration. Schwarzenegger is expected to unveil a bronze statue of himself.
While also known by his more common nicknames, fans in Schwarzenegger's home province of Styria often call him "The Styrian Oak," in an allusion to that tree's toughness.
arnold schwarzenegger, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 12 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire