Schwarzenegger to dedicate museum to himself
GRAZ, Austria (AP) -October 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- "The Terminator" is back in his native Austria to inaugurate a museum devoted to him.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's private jet landed at Graz airport Thursday.
The museum is located in the renovated house of his birth in the village of Thal. It chronicles his rise from humble beginnings as a muscular young immigrant to the U.S. to Hollywood action hero to, most recently, California's governor.
The museum has been open since July, but Friday's ceremonies will mark the formal inauguration. Schwarzenegger is expected to unveil a bronze statue of himself.
While also known by his more common nicknames, fans in Schwarzenegger's home province of Styria often call him "The Styrian Oak," in an allusion to that tree's toughness.
arnold schwarzenegger, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 40 injured 7 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 10 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 8 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 1 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos