Yoko Ono campaign to raise hunger awareness
NEW YORK (AP) - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Yoko Ono is launching a global campaign to raise money and awareness to help fight childhood hunger and poverty.
The 78-year-old widow of John Lennon is asking that on Nov. 1, at 1 p.m. EDT, people "take a moment to imagine a nourished and abundant world, where `the world will live as one."'
Hard Rock International and WhyHunger are partners with Ono for the campaign called "Imagine There's No Hunger." Various Hard Rock locations will host events on that day aimed at raising awareness.
Sunday would have been Lennon's 71st birthday, and Tuesday is the 40th anniversary of his song "Imagine," which Ono co-produced.
A limited-edition bracelet will go on sale to support the campaign's efforts and people can also text the word "Imagine" to 50555 to donate.
john lennon, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 36 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 48 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
36 min ago