Amy Winehouse's father has deal for book in 2012
NEW YORK (AP) - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's father has a book deal.
HarperCollins announced Monday that Mitch Winehouse has agreed to terms with the publisher in the U.S. and Britain for the release of "Amy, My Daughter." HarperCollins says the book will come out in summer 2012.
The publisher says Mitch Winehouse will write about everything from his daughter's childhood to her singing career to her well-publicized struggles with substance abuse. Amy Winehouse died in July at age 27.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Proceeds from the book will be donated to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which was founded by her father and helps troubled children and young adults.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases