Taylor Swift named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) -October 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's another honor for Taylor Swift. The country music superstar has been crowned "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
The 21-year-old multiplatinum singer-songwriter is the youngest to receive the award, which has gone to Beyonce, Reba McEntire and Fergie. The announcement was made Tuesday. She will be honored at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music event in New York on Dec. 2.
Her latest album, "Speak Now," has sold over 3.6 million copies since its release last fall, and she's sold the most albums of any artist over the past year.
It's the latest honor for Swift, who became the youngest person to win the Grammy for best album for "Fearless" in 2010. She has also won several ACM, CMA and AMA awards.
Swift is currently on a national tour.
taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 3 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 17 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 6 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 10 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 17 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
3 min ago