Taylor Swift named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) -October 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's another honor for Taylor Swift. The country music superstar has been crowned "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
The 21-year-old multiplatinum singer-songwriter is the youngest to receive the award, which has gone to Beyonce, Reba McEntire and Fergie. The announcement was made Tuesday. She will be honored at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music event in New York on Dec. 2.
Her latest album, "Speak Now," has sold over 3.6 million copies since its release last fall, and she's sold the most albums of any artist over the past year.
It's the latest honor for Swift, who became the youngest person to win the Grammy for best album for "Fearless" in 2010. She has also won several ACM, CMA and AMA awards.
Swift is currently on a national tour.
taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 49 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 48 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 13 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 29 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
37 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
30 min ago