Emmy-winning costumer Ray Aghayan dies at 83
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ray Aghayan, an Emmy-winning costume designer who worked on more than a dozen Academy Award shows and the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, has died. He was 83.
A spokeswoman for the Costume Designers Guild tells the Los Angeles Times that Aghayan died of natural causes on Monday at his Los Angeles home.
Aghayan designed costumes for Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Diana Ross and many other stars.
He and his lifetime partner, Bob Mackie, shared the first Emmy ever awarded for costume design in 1967. Aghayan went on to win two other Emmys.
He also was nominated for Oscars three times.
He is survived by Mackie.
los angeles, emmy awards, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 18 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 36 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 6 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 5 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire