Giuliana Rancic says she has breast cancer
NEW YORK (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- "E! News" co-host Giuliana Rancic says she has early stages of breast cancer.
The 37-year-old made the announcement Monday on NBC's "Today" show.
Rancic says the cancer was discovered during a mammogram while she was undergoing a third round of in-vitro fertilization in an effort to get pregnant.
Rancic says she will have surgery this week, followed by six and one-half weeks of radiation therapy.
She is married to Bill Rancic, winner of the first season of "The Apprentice."
Rancic says she still wants to get pregnant because "this baby will have saved my life."
cancer, breast cancer, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 12 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 39 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 54 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases