Giuliana Rancic says she has breast cancer
NEW YORK (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- "E! News" co-host Giuliana Rancic says she has early stages of breast cancer.
The 37-year-old made the announcement Monday on NBC's "Today" show.
Rancic says the cancer was discovered during a mammogram while she was undergoing a third round of in-vitro fertilization in an effort to get pregnant.
Rancic says she will have surgery this week, followed by six and one-half weeks of radiation therapy.
She is married to Bill Rancic, winner of the first season of "The Apprentice."
Rancic says she still wants to get pregnant because "this baby will have saved my life."
cancer, breast cancer, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands