Clooney: Think Hollywood is cynical? Try politics
LONDON (AP) - October 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- George Clooney says Hollywood can be a ruthless place - but it's nothing compared to the world of politics.
The star, who plays a U.S. presidential hopeful in "The Ides of March," says "there's a certain cutthroat element to the business" of moviemaking, but actors share a spirit of generosity that he doesn't see in politics.
Clooney is in Britain for Wednesday's London Film Festival premiere of the movie, which he describes as a "cynical look at politics."
He directed, co-wrote, produced and stars in the tale of a Democratic contender. Ryan Gosling plays an idealistic aide who grows disillusioned by the dirty world of backroom politics.
Clooney will walk the red carpet again Thursday, at the London Film festival screening of Alexander Payne's "The Descendants."
george clooney, hollywood, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 45 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 21 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser