Janet Jackson reschedules shows to be with family
NEW YORK (AP) - October 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Janet Jackson is rescheduling part of her Australian tour so she can support her family during the trial of her brother Michael's doctor.
Dr. Conrad Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's 2009 death. In a statement Sunday, Janet Jackson said she spoke with her family Saturday and realized they needed to be together.
The shows were scheduled in Melbourne on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday; to make them up, she'll perform one night, on Nov. 3, in Rod Laver Arena.
Murray is on trial in Los Angeles. He is accused of being negligent in his care of the superstar, who died of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. The Jackson family has been a regular presence at the trial.
janet jackson, michael jackson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 39 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 44 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
39 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
50 min ago
- Milder Monday
42 min ago