'Evita' announces Broadway dates, theater, photo
NEW YORK (AP) - October 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- There's no need to cry any more. Producers of "Evita" announced Thursday the first preview dates and opening night of the Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber musical on Broadway.
They also revealed the first photo of the stars - Ricky Martin as Che, Argentinean actress Elena Roger in her Broadway debut as Eva Peron, and Tony Award-winner Michael Cerveris as Juan Peron.
The show will open on April 5 at the Marquis Theatre. Previews begin March 12 and tickets go on sale this Saturday.
Michael Grandage will direct and Tony winner Rob Ashford will choreograph. It's the first new Broadway production of the seven-time Tony Award-winning musical since it debuted on Broadway over 30 years ago, introducing the hit song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 44 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
53 min ago