'Evita' announces Broadway dates, theater, photo
NEW YORK (AP) - October 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- There's no need to cry any more. Producers of "Evita" announced Thursday the first preview dates and opening night of the Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber musical on Broadway.
They also revealed the first photo of the stars - Ricky Martin as Che, Argentinean actress Elena Roger in her Broadway debut as Eva Peron, and Tony Award-winner Michael Cerveris as Juan Peron.
The show will open on April 5 at the Marquis Theatre. Previews begin March 12 and tickets go on sale this Saturday.
Michael Grandage will direct and Tony winner Rob Ashford will choreograph. It's the first new Broadway production of the seven-time Tony Award-winning musical since it debuted on Broadway over 30 years ago, introducing the hit song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after buildings explode in New York City 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 36 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 16 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 9 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 14 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
36 min ago