Lady Gaga to perform at Indian Formula One event
NEW DELHI (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pop superstar Lady Gaga is visiting India to perform at a Formula One after-party and wearing a giant beehive hairdo modeled on the country's flag.
At a news conference Friday, the famously eccentric singer was perched on a large purple and silver couch and sported the hairstyle in the white, orange and green of the Indian flag.
At another appearance she had placed a giant black net bow on her hair.
She said she had been "dying" to visit India and promised her fans a "unique" performance.
The practice sessions for the inaugural Formula One Indian Grand Prix started Friday. The final race, at a track in the suburbs of the Indian capital, is on Sunday evening. Lady Gaga will perform at an after-party.
lady gaga, india, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 25 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 4 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 7 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
14 min ago