Lady Gaga to perform at Indian Formula One event
NEW DELHI (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pop superstar Lady Gaga is visiting India to perform at a Formula One after-party and wearing a giant beehive hairdo modeled on the country's flag.
At a news conference Friday, the famously eccentric singer was perched on a large purple and silver couch and sported the hairstyle in the white, orange and green of the Indian flag.
At another appearance she had placed a giant black net bow on her hair.
She said she had been "dying" to visit India and promised her fans a "unique" performance.
The practice sessions for the inaugural Formula One Indian Grand Prix started Friday. The final race, at a track in the suburbs of the Indian capital, is on Sunday evening. Lady Gaga will perform at an after-party.
lady gaga, india, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 27 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 25 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 30 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more