Lady Gaga to perform at Indian Formula One event
NEW DELHI (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pop superstar Lady Gaga is visiting India to perform at a Formula One after-party and wearing a giant beehive hairdo modeled on the country's flag.
At a news conference Friday, the famously eccentric singer was perched on a large purple and silver couch and sported the hairstyle in the white, orange and green of the Indian flag.
At another appearance she had placed a giant black net bow on her hair.
She said she had been "dying" to visit India and promised her fans a "unique" performance.
The practice sessions for the inaugural Formula One Indian Grand Prix started Friday. The final race, at a track in the suburbs of the Indian capital, is on Sunday evening. Lady Gaga will perform at an after-party.
lady gaga, india, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 12 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 26 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
12 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
34 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
43 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
52 min ago