Lady Gaga to perform at Indian Formula One event
NEW DELHI (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pop superstar Lady Gaga is visiting India to perform at a Formula One after-party and wearing a giant beehive hairdo modeled on the country's flag.
At a news conference Friday, the famously eccentric singer was perched on a large purple and silver couch and sported the hairstyle in the white, orange and green of the Indian flag.
At another appearance she had placed a giant black net bow on her hair.
She said she had been "dying" to visit India and promised her fans a "unique" performance.
The practice sessions for the inaugural Formula One Indian Grand Prix started Friday. The final race, at a track in the suburbs of the Indian capital, is on Sunday evening. Lady Gaga will perform at an after-party.
lady gaga, india, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half