Larry King: I got back almost $1M after Madoff con
GLENDALE, Calif. (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Larry King says he invested $700,000 with Wall Street scammer Bernard Madoff but was lucky enough to get it all back.
The veteran journalist tells the syndicated TV news show "Extra" that he and his wife got money back from the Madoff estate and from the government for taxes they paid on stock they never had.
Madoff never made investments but used money from new investors to pay previous ones. He pleaded guilty to fraud and is imprisoned. His wife says in a CBS "60 Minutes" interview that they tried to kill themselves after he confessed.
King told "Extra" on Thursday that he thinks Ruth Madoff came forward to help her daughter-in-law's new book about her husband, Mark Madoff. He hanged himself with a dog leash last year on the anniversary of his father's arrest.
larry king, bernard madoff, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 10 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 37 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
4 min ago