Larry King: I got back almost $1M after Madoff con
GLENDALE, Calif. (AP) -October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Larry King says he invested $700,000 with Wall Street scammer Bernard Madoff but was lucky enough to get it all back.
The veteran journalist tells the syndicated TV news show "Extra" that he and his wife got money back from the Madoff estate and from the government for taxes they paid on stock they never had.
Madoff never made investments but used money from new investors to pay previous ones. He pleaded guilty to fraud and is imprisoned. His wife says in a CBS "60 Minutes" interview that they tried to kill themselves after he confessed.
King told "Extra" on Thursday that he thinks Ruth Madoff came forward to help her daughter-in-law's new book about her husband, Mark Madoff. He hanged himself with a dog leash last year on the anniversary of his father's arrest.
larry king, bernard madoff, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 12 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 3 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
45 min ago