Adele to have throat surgery, cancels 2011 plans
NEW YORK (AP) - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Adele's voice has given her the biggest success this year - and the most trouble. The singer will have throat surgery and has now canceled all tour dates and promotional appearances for the year.
Columbia Records announced Friday that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer will have surgery "to alleviate the current issues with her throat." A full recovery is expected.
Earlier this month, the 23-year-old canceled a U.S. concert run due to a hemorrhage in her vocal chord; she also canceled concerts in June due to laryngitis.
The statement said that doctors have ordered the Grammy winner to rest her voice and "completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments."
Adele's "21" is the best-selling CD of the year in the United States; it's sold over 4 million units.
adele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 15 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 19 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 26 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 21 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos