Adele to have throat surgery, cancels 2011 plans
NEW YORK (AP) - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Adele's voice has given her the biggest success this year - and the most trouble. The singer will have throat surgery and has now canceled all tour dates and promotional appearances for the year.
Columbia Records announced Friday that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer will have surgery "to alleviate the current issues with her throat." A full recovery is expected.
Earlier this month, the 23-year-old canceled a U.S. concert run due to a hemorrhage in her vocal chord; she also canceled concerts in June due to laryngitis.
The statement said that doctors have ordered the Grammy winner to rest her voice and "completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments."
Adele's "21" is the best-selling CD of the year in the United States; it's sold over 4 million units.
adele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 2 min ago
- Turning Milder 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 23 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
2 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
23 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
41 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
29 min ago