Kimmel to entertain White House Correspondents
LOS ANGELES (AP) -November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jimmy Kimmel is going to be cracking jokes for the president.
The White House Correspondents' Association says the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host will be the featured comedian at its 98th annual dinner next year.
Association president Caren Bohan said Tuesday that the 43-year-old entertainer was chosen because his "humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience."
The White House Correspondents' Association dinner is traditionally attended by the president and first lady, along with various government officials and members of the press corps. Proceeds from the event fund scholarships and awards to support and recognize excellence in journalism.
Kimmel said in a statement that he is looking forward to being part of the event on April 28, 2012, adding "I love dinner."
jimmy kimmel, white house, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies