Kimmel to entertain White House Correspondents
LOS ANGELES (AP) -November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jimmy Kimmel is going to be cracking jokes for the president.
The White House Correspondents' Association says the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host will be the featured comedian at its 98th annual dinner next year.
Association president Caren Bohan said Tuesday that the 43-year-old entertainer was chosen because his "humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience."
The White House Correspondents' Association dinner is traditionally attended by the president and first lady, along with various government officials and members of the press corps. Proceeds from the event fund scholarships and awards to support and recognize excellence in journalism.
Kimmel said in a statement that he is looking forward to being part of the event on April 28, 2012, adding "I love dinner."
jimmy kimmel, white house, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 25 min ago
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
45 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
25 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos