CNN remaking morning lineup with Soledad O'Brien
NEW YORK (AP) -November 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- CNN is remaking its morning lineup, returning Soledad O'Brien to a prominent role.
The network said Thursday that O'Brien will be host of a conversational ensemble show from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. None of the other ensemble members were announced.
Both of CNN's cable rivals, Fox News Channel and MSNBC, have successful morning conversation shows with "Fox and Friends" and "Morning Joe." O'Brien has been making documentaries for CNN since her last hitch on a morning show there.
Ashleigh Banfield and Zoraida Sambolin will be hosts of a show that airs from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Banfield once played a prominent role on MSNBC and Sambolin works in local news in Chicago.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 27 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 39 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 1 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 6 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 19 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
39 min ago