CNN remaking morning lineup with Soledad O'Brien
NEW YORK (AP) -November 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- CNN is remaking its morning lineup, returning Soledad O'Brien to a prominent role.
The network said Thursday that O'Brien will be host of a conversational ensemble show from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. None of the other ensemble members were announced.
Both of CNN's cable rivals, Fox News Channel and MSNBC, have successful morning conversation shows with "Fox and Friends" and "Morning Joe." O'Brien has been making documentaries for CNN since her last hitch on a morning show there.
Ashleigh Banfield and Zoraida Sambolin will be hosts of a show that airs from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Banfield once played a prominent role on MSNBC and Sambolin works in local news in Chicago.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 9 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier