Justin Bieber denies charges he fathered a child
NEW YORK - November 4, 2011 -- Justin Bieber is denying allegations he fathered a child and says he has never met the woman who filed the paternity suit against him.
The teen heartthrob said Friday during a brief appearance on NBC's "Today" show: "None of it is true."
He called it "crazy" that anyone would make up such a story.
The paternity suit was filed in San Diego Superior Court by Maria Yeater. She had just turned 19 when she says she and Bieber, then 16, had a brief sexual encounter after one of the singer's concerts last fall.
Los Angeles police have said Yeater could be investigated for having had sex with a minor.
Bieber, on hand to promote a Christmas album, returns to "Today" to perform live Nov. 23.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 43 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 59 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases