Man pleads not guilty to stalking Selena Gomez
LOS ANGELES - November 4, 2011 -- A man with a history of mental illness has pleaded not guilty in Los Angeles to stalking actress and singer Selena Gomez.
Forty-six-year-old Thomas Brodnicki entered his plea Thursday in Superior Court to one count of stalking. Bail was set at $150,000 and if Brodnicki is convicted he faces up to three years in prison.
Brodnicki is accused of stalking the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star between July and October. Police were notified by mental health workers that he also threatened to harm or kill Gomez while he was on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez was granted a temporary restraining order last month that has been extended to three years.
Brodnicki is scheduled to return to court Nov. 16.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 13 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ