Man pleads not guilty to stalking Selena Gomez
LOS ANGELES - November 4, 2011 -- A man with a history of mental illness has pleaded not guilty in Los Angeles to stalking actress and singer Selena Gomez.
Forty-six-year-old Thomas Brodnicki entered his plea Thursday in Superior Court to one count of stalking. Bail was set at $150,000 and if Brodnicki is convicted he faces up to three years in prison.
Brodnicki is accused of stalking the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star between July and October. Police were notified by mental health workers that he also threatened to harm or kill Gomez while he was on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez was granted a temporary restraining order last month that has been extended to three years.
Brodnicki is scheduled to return to court Nov. 16.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 49 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 32 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 35 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police