Woman suing Bieber faces Vegas battery trial
LAS VEGAS (AP) - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A San Diego woman who claims pop star Justin Bieber fathered her 3-month-old son has a court date in Las Vegas on allegations she slapped an ex-boyfriend.
Court records show 20-year-old Mariah Yeater faces a bench trial Dec. 12 on a misdemeanor battery charge that could get her six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
A police report says Yeater slapped her 18-year-old ex-boyfriend Dec. 21, 2010. The two were arguing about a window broken on the car of his new girlfriend.
The case was first reported by TMZ.
Yeater's lawyer in the battery case, John Spilotro, says she pleaded not guilty, and he declined to comment further.
Yeater attended school in Las Vegas before withdrawing from 10th grade in 2008.
She is suing the 17-year-old Bieber in California, seeking a paternity test and child support.
justin bieber, las vegas, nevada, trial, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted