Woman suing Bieber faces Vegas battery trial
LAS VEGAS (AP) - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A San Diego woman who claims pop star Justin Bieber fathered her 3-month-old son has a court date in Las Vegas on allegations she slapped an ex-boyfriend.
Court records show 20-year-old Mariah Yeater faces a bench trial Dec. 12 on a misdemeanor battery charge that could get her six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
A police report says Yeater slapped her 18-year-old ex-boyfriend Dec. 21, 2010. The two were arguing about a window broken on the car of his new girlfriend.
The case was first reported by TMZ.
Yeater's lawyer in the battery case, John Spilotro, says she pleaded not guilty, and he declined to comment further.
Yeater attended school in Las Vegas before withdrawing from 10th grade in 2008.
She is suing the 17-year-old Bieber in California, seeking a paternity test and child support.
justin bieber, las vegas, nevada, trial, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ