CBS head scolds Kutcher over Penn State tweet
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ashton Kutcher knows what a tough day is like. Demi Moore announced that she's ending their marriage, and Kutcher earned a slap from his top CBS boss for a controversial Twitter posting.
During a Q-and-A session Thursday at a TV industry meeting, CBS Corp. Chief Leslie Moonves said he's pleased with the ratings for revamped "Two and a Half Men" and with new star Kutcher - "aside from his comments about Penn State," Moonves added.
Last week, Kutcher condemned the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and then recanted the Twitter posting after it drew a flurry of criticism. The actor said he'd been unaware of the child sex-abuse scandal engulfing the university.
On Thursday, the 49-year-old Moore announced she was splitting from Kutcher, 33, the subject of rumors of alleged infidelity. The couple wed in 2005.
ashton kutcher, penn state, twitter, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 40 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!