CBS head scolds Kutcher over Penn State tweet
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ashton Kutcher knows what a tough day is like. Demi Moore announced that she's ending their marriage, and Kutcher earned a slap from his top CBS boss for a controversial Twitter posting.
During a Q-and-A session Thursday at a TV industry meeting, CBS Corp. Chief Leslie Moonves said he's pleased with the ratings for revamped "Two and a Half Men" and with new star Kutcher - "aside from his comments about Penn State," Moonves added.
Last week, Kutcher condemned the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and then recanted the Twitter posting after it drew a flurry of criticism. The actor said he'd been unaware of the child sex-abuse scandal engulfing the university.
On Thursday, the 49-year-old Moore announced she was splitting from Kutcher, 33, the subject of rumors of alleged infidelity. The couple wed in 2005.
ashton kutcher, penn state, twitter, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 37 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014