CBS head scolds Kutcher over Penn State tweet
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ashton Kutcher knows what a tough day is like. Demi Moore announced that she's ending their marriage, and Kutcher earned a slap from his top CBS boss for a controversial Twitter posting.
During a Q-and-A session Thursday at a TV industry meeting, CBS Corp. Chief Leslie Moonves said he's pleased with the ratings for revamped "Two and a Half Men" and with new star Kutcher - "aside from his comments about Penn State," Moonves added.
Last week, Kutcher condemned the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and then recanted the Twitter posting after it drew a flurry of criticism. The actor said he'd been unaware of the child sex-abuse scandal engulfing the university.
On Thursday, the 49-year-old Moore announced she was splitting from Kutcher, 33, the subject of rumors of alleged infidelity. The couple wed in 2005.
ashton kutcher, penn state, twitter, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 25 min ago
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado 30 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 25 min ago
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos