Bonnie Pointer arrested during LA traffic stop
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say singer Patricia "Bonnie" Pointer of the Pointer Sisters has been arrested for investigation of possessing rock cocaine.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the 61-year-old singer was arrested Friday in South Los Angeles after the car she was riding in was pulled over for a mechanical malfunction.
Deputies say she was released after posting $10,000 bail.
In a statement issued through her manager Robert Watson, Pointer thanked the public for their support and prayers.
Watson declined comment on the arrest.
The Pointer Sisters grew up singing in church. Patricia and June formed a duo and were singing in clubs when Anita and Ruth joined them.
The sisters released their first album in 1973 and won a Grammy in 1974. Bonnie left in 1977 for a solo career.
She is due in court on Jan. 17.
drugs, music, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 9 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 32 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 20 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 33 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
38 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
47 min ago