Bonnie Pointer arrested during LA traffic stop
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say singer Patricia "Bonnie" Pointer of the Pointer Sisters has been arrested for investigation of possessing rock cocaine.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the 61-year-old singer was arrested Friday in South Los Angeles after the car she was riding in was pulled over for a mechanical malfunction.
Deputies say she was released after posting $10,000 bail.
In a statement issued through her manager Robert Watson, Pointer thanked the public for their support and prayers.
Watson declined comment on the arrest.
The Pointer Sisters grew up singing in church. Patricia and June formed a duo and were singing in clubs when Anita and Ruth joined them.
The sisters released their first album in 1973 and won a Grammy in 1974. Bonnie left in 1977 for a solo career.
She is due in court on Jan. 17.
drugs, music, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 44 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 40 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
44 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
46 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
42 min ago