Kim Kardashian's husband seeks annulment
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- NBA player Kris Humphries asked a judge Thursday to annul his 10-week, highly publicized marriage to Kim Kardashian on the basis that it was fraudulent.
The filing comes roughly a month after Kardashian filed for divorce and apologized to fans.
Humphries' petition did not offer any details to support his contention that the marriage was a fraud, which a judge would have to determine is true for the marriage to be completely nullified.
Kardashian's attorney Laura Wasser declined to comment on Humphries' filing.
The couple signed a prenuptial agreement before marrying in a star-studded ceremony Aug. 20 at an exclusive estate in California.
Kardashian's sisters and TV co-stars Kourtney Kardashian, 32, and Khloe Kardashian, 27, served as co-maids of honor.
Kim Kardashian and Humphries began dating late last year and announced their engagement in May. He proposed on bended knee with a 20.5-carat ring by spelling out "Will you marry me?" in rose petals.
Kardashian filed for divorce Oct. 31, citing irreconcilable differences. The actress-model is the star of the E! Entertainment Television series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," and her marriage to Humphries was turned into a high-touted televised special.
Humphries is a free agent NBA forward who played last season for the New Jersey Nets. He is requesting that if an annulment isn't granted, the couple be deemed legally separated.
Humphries' marriage to Kardashian is his first; she was previously married to a music producer for four years.
Both Kardashian and Humphries are asking a judge to prevent either side from receiving spousal support, and Kardashian wants her husband to pay his own attorney's fees.
kim kardashian, divorce, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 14 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos