Plan ditched to revive OLTL, AMC soaps online
NEW YORK (AP) - November 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Plans have been scrapped to give a pair of doomed ABC soaps new life on the Internet.
Prospect Park, a media company that licensed "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" for online distribution, says it's abandoning the mission to revive them.
The company said in a statement Wednesday that it was unable to secure necessary financial backing and clear other hurdles. The two programs had originally been set to anchor a new online network.
"All My Children" disappeared from ABC's daytime schedule in September, and "One Life to Live" will end its run on Jan. 13. Both had been on the air for more than four decades.
They are the latest soaps to be canceled as the longtime TV genre suffers dwindling audiences and mounting costs.
all my children, one life to live, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 21 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 15 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 13 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 33 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
15 min ago