3 new exhibits opening at Elvis' Graceland
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - November 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Elvis Presley Enterprises says three new exhibits will open next year at Graceland in Memphis to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the entertainer's death.
The first exhibit looks at the 1972 documentary "Elvis on Tour," which chronicles a multi-city concert tour. The exhibit, which opens Jan. 5, will include jewelry and clothing worn by Elvis during the shows.
"Elvis.Through His Daughter's Eyes," which opens Feb. 1, will highlight Elvis' relationship with his daughter, Lisa Marie Presley. It includes family photos and home movies that show her growing up at Graceland.
The third exhibit, opening March 1, is called "Icon: The Influence of Elvis Presley." It features clothing, musical instruments and other items used by performers who were influenced by Elvis.
Elvis Presley died Aug. 16, 1977.
elvis presley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 34 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
6 min ago