Madonna to release first album in Live Nation deal
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Material Girl is finally going to make good on her promise to produce new albums under an all-encompassing rights deal worth $120 million that she signed with concert promoter Live Nation more than four years ago.
Madonna will release a new album in late March through Universal Music Group's Interscope Records, the label said Thursday.
Live Nation Entertainment Inc. will participate in the profits, if the album does well.
It's her first album in five years. It will follow the late January release of the single "Gimme All Your Luvin"' and her halftime performance at the Super Bowl on Feb. 5.
madonna, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 4 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 21 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier