Jude Law, Kevin Spacey vie for Whatsonstage awards
LONDON (AP) - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- There's a Hollywood cast for Britain's Whatsonstage theater awards, with James Earl Jones, Jude Law and Kevin Spacey competing for best actor in a play.
Jones is nominated for "Driving Miss Daisy," Law for "Anna Christie" and Spacey for "Richard III," alongside Benedict Cumberbatch for "Frankenstein," James Corden for "One Man, Two Guvnors" and David Tennant for "Much Ado About Nothing."
The prizes, run by theater website whatonstage.com, are decided by public vote.
Best actress contenders announced Friday include Vanessa Redgrave for "Driving Miss Daisy" and Kristin Scott Thomas for "Betrayal."
In the musical categories, there are multiple nominations for the movie-inspired romance "Ghost" and Roald Dahl-based "Matilda."
Winners will be announced Feb. 19.
kevin spacey, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 27 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 51 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
27 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
51 min ago