Records show Christie Brinkley owes $531k in taxes
NEW YORK (AP) - December 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Records show supermodel Christie Brinkley owes $531,000 in back taxes, and the IRS has filed a lien against her.
The Daily News of New York (http://nydn.us/tN4ozF ) reports that the tax lien was filed Nov. 21 on a mansion in Bridgehampton on New York's Long Island, where she lives.
A spokeswoman for Brinkley says the star was surprised to hear the lien had been filed.
Spokeswoman Claire Mercuri says: "Christie Brinkley ... has instructed her team to resolve the matter immediately."
Brinkley was once married to Billy Joel. She made her Broadway debut this year playing Roxie Hart in the musical "Chicago."
christie brinkley, taxes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 39 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 28 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 58 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars