Hollywood Buzz: Steven Spielberg
December 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steven Spielberg rolls out a pair of great films for the holiday season!
Madonna at Super Bowl
Halftime at this year's Super Bowl is going to be a star-studded affair, starring "The Material Girl." The NFL says Madonna will be the headline performer at the February 5th game in Indianapolis. The game can be one the biggest musical events of the year, with 162 million viewers.
Steven Spielberg's 'War Horse'
I was in New York last night, at the Lincoln Center, working the red carpet for the world premiere of Steven Spielberg's latest film "War Horse" which is producer by our parent company Disney. It's one of two blockbusters he's releasing just in time for the holidays.
You see the war from the horse's point of view in this film "War Horse" is an epic adventure, a tale of loyalty, hope and friendship: The story of a young man named Albert who is forcefully parted from his horse Joey during World War I .
"It's a horse they found wandering about no man's land."
It was adapted from a book of the same name, and when Spielberg saw the play on stage in London he says he was hooked.
"I fell in love with the story," Spielberg said. "I fell in love with what it could be as a film."
Spielberg also did something he's never done before for this film: He cut it digitally.
"'War Horse' I could have cut it on film. I shot it on film but I actually cut it digitally... A big change! I guess you can teach this old dog new trick or two."
Could 3D be his next big trick?
"I haven't decided what movie I may make in 3D someday, what live action movie... I also haven't decided what I may go back and turn into 3D. The only movie I think may be conducive is the first 'Jurassic Park.'"
So, we asked him if world-famous adventurer and archaeologist Indiana Jones might be making a 5th trip to the big screen.
"That's not up to me," Spielberg said. "I work for George Lucas when it comes to 'Indiana Jones.' When he decides to make one, I am there! I am his boy, but not until he decides.
'War Horse' opens Christmas Day.
Spielberg's other film coming out, "The Adventures Of Tin Tin," which is 3D motion capture film hits theatres December 21st.
6at4, hollywood, madonna, steven spielberg, disney, nfl, super bowl, entertainment
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness