Brinkley vows to promptly repay $531k back taxes
NEW YORK (AP) -December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Christie Brinkley vows she'll immediately repay the $531,000 she owes in back taxes.
New York's Daily News recently reported the Internal Revenue Service has filed a tax lien against the supermodel.
Brinkley says in a statement the lien was a "result of an error" and pledges it will be paid in full by Wednesday.
Brinkley says she regrets not paying more attention to her accounting. She says she's been focused on her parents, who are dealing with "serious health issues."
The 57-year-old Brinkley was married to Billy Joel and appeared in his "Uptown Girl" video. She made her Broadway debut this year playing Roxie Hart in the musical "Chicago."
She says she considers herself "lucky to have been employed" since she was 17 years old.
christie brinkley, taxes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ